Band Scrip – Stop Selling, Start Buying!
CLICK HERE for an overview of the Scrip Program
What is Scrip?
You buy gift cards that are loaded onto your smart phone and Scrips rebates a percentage of that purchase back to you – the percentage varies by retailer — over 700 participate, with many that you likely visit on a regular basis (e.g. Panera, Starbucks, Chipotle, etc.). The rebate is up to 16% + bonuses (20% Bath & Body Works was a recent bonus). In a nutshell, you earn rebates on money you are already spending!
How Can It Help me?
All the rebate goes back to you…that’s right, the Band Boosters have decided to return 100% of the rebate program to the participants. As an example, if a family of four spends $50 per month at Chipotle (10% rebate), they would earn $60 in rebates a year.
Why Isn’t this Impacted by IRS Regulations?
Scrips is a rebate-based program, just like Credit Card rebates or rebates on products purchased. These items aren’t taxed by the IRS and similarly, the IRS doesn’t tax the Scrips rebates.
How Can It Help the Band?
The Centerville Band Boosters Board has decided to provide 100% of all rebates back to the participants instead of using this as a band fundraiser. This is one of the few ways to directly help to reduce your student’s band fees. The rebates will be held in an account for your student where it can be used to directly pay band fees…or at any time, you may request your rebates be paid to you via check by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Scrip Rebate Payment. Please allow approximately 5-10 business days to receive your check.
How Do I Get Started?
- Follow the directions below to register for the Scrip program
- Register for PrestoPay which is similar to PayPal – you have to set up a pin, we recommend that you use something easy for everyone to remember
- Add the Scrip Wallet to your Smart Phone
- Get family members to add Scrip Wallet to their Smart Phone
- Use it whenever you can! It’s easy to reload cards on the go – even standing in line at Chipotle
Instructions to register with shopwithscrip.com
- Go to www.shopwithscrip.com
- Click on the REGISTER button in the top right hand corner.
- Click JOIN A SCRIP PROGRAM button
- You will be asked for a registration code. It is important you include this or the band won’t be your organization! Those of you who have enrolled before with other organizations – login to your account and add Centerville Band Boosters, using registration code. Please contact our admin, Julie McWilliams at email@example.com to get this code or if you have any questions.
- Fill in the information asked for – please note that a student name is not optional. If you don’t fill in the student name, I won’t know who to credit and there may be some delay in applying the rebates to your student’s account! Be sure your phone and email are also included.
- If you want to pay online or use the mobile app MyScripWallet, you’ll need to register for PrestoPay.
- Click here to find out more about MyScripWallet.
That’s it! You are now ready to order. Select the Shop tab at the top. You can browse all the different offerings, use the quick selection option and type in the name, create a favorites list while ordering to speed up ordering in the future!
Remember that payment is due before scrip is delivered.
Instructions on how to reload cards and presto-pay instructions can be found at shopwithscrip.com